What do you need to future-proof your career within this ecosystem? The answer to this question is Salesforce Certifications. Getting Salesforce certified is one of the most efficient ways for you to grow in this economy.
Earning certifications requires both hard work and discipline, hence if you get one you can truly call yourself a Salesforce professional.
Are you still confused about it? No need to worry, we will give you reasons for the high demand for Salesforce Certified Professionals in the next section. It will also include different kinds of certifications available in Salesforce that you can go for.
Reasons for high Demand of Salesforce Certified Professionals
Salesforce is one of the best CRM solution providers in the world. Therefore, firms operating within its ecosystem are constantly on the lookout for skilled professionals. Here are some of the main reasons that firms hold certified professionals in higher regard:
- Due to the complexity and varied nature of tasks in the Salesforce platform, firms naturally want professionals with higher qualifications to implement Salesforce without much trouble.
- Demand for Salesforce professionals is expected to grow by 40% in 2023.
- Certified professionals help corporate executives in actively developing, maintaining, and customizing Salesforce according to the several requirements of the organization.
- Do you know, that Salesforce is one of the fastest-growing economies in the tech world and is expected to generate more than 9 million jobs by 2026 (according to a survey conducted by IDC? Thus, the future of the Salesforce ecosystem looks promising for job seekers. Per Salesforce professionals, 37% claimed an increase in productivity after getting certified and 41% think it made them more effective.
- Training for Salesforce certification helped professionals in showing 68% more efficiency.
Salesforce Certification Benefits
Salesforce certifications are more than simple attractions; they are proof for employers to believe in what you say. They also offer benefits other than monetary ones as explained in the following:
- Attractive Job Prospects: As you know professionals with Salesforce certification are sought-after and provided with ample job offers from multiple profiles. This is mainly due to their display of expertise in Salesforce and its applications.
- Professional credibility: Salesforce certification shows your commitment to staying with the best industry standards of the best. This can help you in terms of gaining more trust and credibility from clients and employers.
- High salary increment: With Salesforce Certification in your hands, you can aim for high-paying jobs with better increments. It will also improve your chances of getting hired in comparison with non-certified ones.
- Community access: Getting certified in Salesforce is your easiest path to Salesforce community. Here you can easily navigate your way towards the latest development with other professionals.
- Stay updated: One of the main add-ons to getting certified is that it is a continuous learning process. This requires going through tests and renewing your certification each year thus keeping you active on your learning journey and updated with industry standards.
- Client relationships: In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and high-quality solutions gained after certification can help in finding industry-grade solutions for clients. This will naturally help you in nurturing better relationships with the clients.
- High ROI: You get more return on investment with Salesforce certifications than with other courses.
Now you might be excited to know what certifications are there in the market in 2023.
9 best in-demand Salesforce Certifications in 2023
Everything you need to know about the best Salesforce certification along with their potential profile match is explained in the following.
1. Salesforce Associate
Salesforce Associate certification is one of the best certifications for beginners in Salesforce. It is for individuals who have a basic knowledge of the functioning of CRM platforms in terms of connecting customer data and various departments.
This certification is mostly suitable for those having at least 6 months of user experience in Salesforce. The certification mainly covers foundational knowledge in data sharing, customizing, management, reporting, and user administration. For those looking for certification in this role here are the major responsibilities:
- Data Management
- Reporting and Analysis
- Customer relationship management
- Collaborating with various departments.
2. Salesforce Administrators
Salesforce Administrator is a leading role for any organization dealing with Salesforce products. Any responsibility related to the Salesforce platform is handled by the Salesforce admin. Thus, you must have full knowledge of the businesses and their various functionalities. Major responsibilities of Salesforce admin include:
- Management of data users
- Handling workflow
- Maintaining Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications
- Building up reports and dashboards
Are you aware that Salesforce admin certification also has levels called Salesforce Certified admin and Salesforce Advanced certified admin? There is a difference between these levels in terms of both skills and knowledge.
Advanced admins can easily manage features and functionalities of the Salesforce platform for higher-scale business solutions. Similarly, certified admins are also able to provide business solutions but are limited by their skills and experience.
This certification is attractive for professionals with insights into Salesforce functionalities and data management. Salesforce admin certification costs around $200 at first thereafter taking $100 for every attempt.
3. Salesforce Platform App Builder
Salesforce Platform App Builder certification is the next in line for best certifications in Salesforce. It is highly recommended for professionals who can easily customize and extend Salesforce applications. The certification exam is exclusively focused on the usage of several tools such as Custom Objects & Fields, Approval Processes, Process Builder, and all other similar declarative features. These are defined through features built by clicks rather than coding. If you are going for this one here is a list of responsibilities that will be required to be handled:
- Designing and development of custom Salesforce applications
- Customizing Salesforce functionality
- Integrating third-party applications
- Test and Debug code
- Collaborating with other developers
- Documentation of code and application architecture
4. Salesforce Architect
The Salesforce Architects are trusted professionals who act as team leaders inside Salesforce ecosystem. Salesforce Architects can design and develop solutions for various purposes on Salesforce platforms.
Do you know this certification has two primary types- Salesforce-Certified Technical Architect and Salesforce-Certified Solution Architect? If some of you want to go for it, then here are some of the major responsibilities this role needs to fulfill:
- Leading architecture and technical team
- Designing and instructing solution framework
- Implementing data integration strategies for smooth data flow
- Understanding user stories and providing accurate workload
- Planning and executing both transformation and data migration projects
- Staying updated on current Salesforce releases, new features, and product roadmaps
5. Salesforce Consultant
Salesforce Consultant is a role with multiple hats included with their job profile. Hence, professionals seek Salesforce consultant certification to aid organizations in revolutionizing their team’s operations.
A consultant is considered good enough to handle the Salesforce platform and has skills such as business analysis, project management, etc. If you are looking to become one, then make sure to read the responsibilities assigned to a consultant shown below:
- Client relationship management
- Creating and managing the project plans
- Mapping business processes
- Management of technical staff
- Proposing technical requirements and product configuration
- Testing and training for user
6. Salesforce Developer
A Salesforce Developer is a professional capable of application development in computer languages such as C#, C++, JAVA, PHP, AngularJS, and others. Salesforce Developer certification is considered one of the toughest, as your coding and custom application development skills are tested. So, only professionals confident in both apply in general for this certification.
Similar to Consultant and Administrator, there are multiple levels of Salesforce developer certification offered and designed by Salesforce. It is required for testing any developer’s capability within the technical field while checking their real-world experience.
The three levels of developer certification are-
- Salesforce-Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce-Certified Platform Developer II
- Salesforce-Certified Commerce Cloud Digital Developer
Each of these certifications costs $200 to attempt. In case you are interested in this role and going for its certification, here are the responsibilities attached:
- Responsible for making specialized plans and procedures for different offices
- Providing training to other junior developers
- Application development
- Updating and making changes to existing applications
7. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certifications
Salesforce primarily offers four Marketing credentials –
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Developer
- Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
To be a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator certified would imply that the candidate knows how to properly configure the Marketing Cloud products by using several Salesforce-related products, involving some of the industry best practices, per the requirements.
To be a certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, you must know how to create, manage, and improve email campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud. They usually collaborate with the stakeholders to better understand business email demands and propose suitable solutions for optimizing email programs. To enroll in our Marketing Cloud Email Specialist and Admin training program, visit us at S2 Labs.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certifications have been designed particularly for assessing professionals capable of creating and implementing marketing strategies, analyzing data, and managing campaigns. They also needed to be familiar with configuring Marketing Cloud Connect and sending speed optimization for email.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer certification is designed for developers of marketing cloud who have experience in developing dynamic and personalized marketing assets such as landing pages, forms, and emails by leveraging HTML, AMPscript, and CSS. A certified Marketing Cloud Developer is also proficient in SQL with experience in using marketing cloud APIs.
8. Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Sales Cloud certification is specifically designed for consultants with experience in implementing solutions in Salesforce Sales Cloud in more of a customer-facing role. The exam takes a deeper dive into all the features that make up the Sales Cloud and its products.
This exam is designed to verify consultant skills in handling customers and implementing Salesforce from scratch. The Sales Cloud Certification applies to the Salesforce Admins looking to prove their advanced platform knowledge. It is especially for those handling slightly more complex implementations in Salesforce.
9. Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Service Cloud certification is mainly designed for consultants with experience related to implementing the Salesforce Service Cloud for customers. This exam mainly focuses on Salesforce’s second most influential product, which dives deeply into the features making up the Service Cloud.
The exam is mainly designed for customer-facing consultants with experience in implementing Salesforce Service Cloud from step one. Even so, this exam is also applicable for Salesforce Admins who simply want to prove their advanced level of knowledge on the platform.
List of all certifications in Salesforce
Salesforce offers more than the above-mentioned certifications for professionals with different skills and fields of knowledge. There are certifications for both IT as well as non-IT professionals. Here is a list of all the Salesforce Certifications:
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect
- Salesforce Certified Business Analyst
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect
- Salesforce Certified B2C Solution Architect
- Certified Technical Architect (CTA)
- Salesforce Certified Education Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Architect
- Salesforce Certified System Architect*
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect**
- Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect
- Salesforce Certified B2B Solution Architect
- Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Architect
- Salesforce Certified Experience Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Field Service Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Tableau CRM and Einstein Discovery Consultant
- Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist
- Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer
- Salesforce Certified Strategy Designer
- Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer
- Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer
- Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Developer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II – Multiple Choice
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist
- Salesforce Certified Sales Representative
In conclusion, Salesforce certification is a basic requirement nowadays for anyone who wants to pursue a career in Salesforce. They offer multiple benefits including attractive job prospects, professional credibility, higher increments in salary, etc. In case you are looking to future-proof your career inside Salesforce ecosystem, having certification is a must. Here are some additional points in case you forgot regarding the future of Salesforce certifications:
- Demand for certifications is likely to grow in the upcoming years
- The focus will be more on specialization
- Certification will become more affordable
We discussed reasons for the high demand for certified professionals in Salesforce, the benefits of certification, and the 9 best certifications in this blog. In case you are interested in starting your journey for Salesforce certification today we offer one of the best courses and tutorials of the same. S2 Labs offers guidelines for learners in their journey and courses for professionals seriously going for certification and career building.