What Is Salesforce Campaign Management?A campaign management in Salesforce is used to store information about a campaign organized usually for lead generation or brand building. Lead-generation campaign includes direct mail, email blasts (bulk email), web seminars, conferences, and trade shows whereas brand-building campaigns include different types of advertisements.
What Are The Important Fields of Salesforce Campaign Management?
1. ActiveIt indicates whether the campaign is Active or not. If the campaign is not active then it cannot be related to other objects’ records.
2. Expected RevenueAmount of money expected to generate from the campaign.
3. Expected ResponsePercentage of responses expected to receive for the campaign.
4. Num SentA number of individuals were targeted by the campaign. For example, the number of emails sent.
5. Parent CampaignAllows multiple individual campaigns to be associated with a larger initiative.
What Are The Related Lists Of Salesforce Campaign Management?
1. Campaign MembersA Campaign Member is basically a relationship between a Contact or Lead, and a Campaign where Contact and Lead are mutually exclusively required i.e., both can not be chosen simultaneously. It’s the mechanism that allows one Contact or Leads to be involved in multiple Campaigns. These Leads and Contacts are tracked using a status field having values:
- Sent (targeted to the campaign)
- Responded (responded to the campaign).
2. Campaign HierarchyIn Salesforce, a campaign hierarchy groups campaigns to make them easier to manage and analyze. You can create a parent campaign as a high-level grouping and, beneath that, child campaigns where you can track more-granular campaign efforts. Campaign hierarchies allow your team to view aggregate data like the total amount of money raised, the number of responses, and other metrics for every child campaign in the hierarchy. You can use campaign hierarchies in different ways, but many nonprofits use them to group campaigns by strategy or area of focus.
Limitations with Salesforce Campaigns
To create, edit or delete a Campaign the “Marketing User” needs to be checked on the User record.
The maximum number of leads and contacts that can be added from a list view is 250 and from an import, file is 50000.
Hierarchies contain up to five levels. Each campaign can have one parent campaign, but an unlimited number of sibling campaigns.